It's been stressful, worrying, challenging and I've shed so many tears. But the Angel card I pulled for myself this morning was "Gratitude", so I decided to journal about everything that I am grateful for today. And.. believe it or not, I listed 15 things that I am grateful for! And I'm sure I could uncover more. Here's just a few of them:
1) Today I am grateful that a care package was rapidly put in place so that dad could be discharged from hospital last night.
2) Today I am grateful that my lovely step mother has finally accepted help with caring for my dad.
3) Today I am grateful for the flexibility in my working life, so that I can be available to help and support during the times of crisis.
4) Today I am grateful for the support and love of friends who have called, emailed and texted asking after dad, but also asking how I am - and sending love and healing to us all.
5) Today I am grateful that we're able to surround dad with love as he approaches the end of his days.
6) Today I am grateful that he found and married my lovely step mum 38 years ago, and found such happiness with her.
This is just a flavour, the rest is deeply personal and I will keep them to myself. But what I am trying to share with you all, that even through the deepest, darkest times, it is possible to find the simplest, smallest things to be grateful for.
And Gratitude is such a powerful energy. When we practice gratitude, the Universe hears this and will bring us more to be grateful for. I know that my gratitude today will not prevent the inevitable, my dear old dad is approaching the end of his days, but I am grateful (No. 16!) that I can spend time with him, tell him that I love him, chat with him, hold his hand and just be there. I know that it means so much to him and being with him means so much to me.
Please think about what you are grateful for each day and focus on that rather than on what's going wrong. If nothing else, it will elevate your mood and energy and help you through. For even during the darkest hours, there are still things to be grateful for, and I have just demonstrated that for you all.
What are you grateful for? Please leave your comments.
Much love, blessed be.